Have you heard the news? This is the official "Elizabeth stays in her pjs all morning long day"! I am celebrating it big time today. Last night, we had the honor of having missionaries from Croatia over for dinner. My parents came over as well and mom and I split the food preparation. Weeknights are hard nights to make entire meals
and have the house clean!
When I was telling Mary Beth that she was going to have a friend come over, she asked who it was. I said, "It was that sweet little girl in bible class the other day, who had pretty yellow hair." She said, "Mommy, that was
me!" I had to explain to her that it was the
other sweet little girl in bible class with pretty yellow hair! Self confidence isn't a problem with that little one!
We really had a great time. Remarkably, Bryon and I had a lot in common with Mislav and Snjezana Ilic. Mislav and Bryon are the same age, Snjezana and I are the same age (she is also an avid gardener). Thomas and ME are the same ages as David and Lana. I am so moved by their story of finding Christ and leaving very good jobs to devote their lives to their church in Zagreb, Croatia. I loved watching our kids play together. The children spoke no English, but that didn't stop our four from having a great time. (Matthew was at baseball practice all evening, so I was minus one.) In the last picture, you can see David going to town on Tostidos. He ate nearly the entire bag over the course of the evening! Meanwhile, Lana and ME had a fabulous time watching Barbie's Twelve Dancing Princesses and dressing to the nines. Dress up is the international language of little girls. What a great evening!
But after a few crazy days, I am savoring every single second of this quiet, rainy, nothing to do until after school day. I am planning on reading and playing with ME Lou as long as I can. I am listening to her in my bath tub at the moment doing her best Ariel impression. Priceless!
8 comments:
I was looking at the first picture and I thought how strange that the paper plates were all bent. Ha Ha and then I realized that they were heart shaped plates and that some people actually use something other than paper plates when they entertain! Emily Post would be so ashamed of me! It is raining here in SA too, while I am not in my pj'S I am enjoying a lazy day!
That is so funny, Michelle! I must admit that I am a dishes kind of girl. I am always excited during the spring time to pull out my pastel plates and heart dessert plates!
That was so great of you to do for them. I love the pictures!
I love ME's response to what little girl you were talking about in Bible class. Too cute!
Thanks for inviting me to your private blog. I don't blame you at all for going private!!
I stayed in my PJs until 2:00 today. :-)
ME is too funny!
What an awesome opportunity!
I, too first looked at your hubby's plate and thought of Dr. Suess! At first glance the plate looks warbled and mis-shapen....then I realized that it was an optical illusion and that they were really heart shaped plates! LOL...glad I'm not the only one who thought that. ; )
Sounds like you all had a fun evening! I just love entertaining friends and meeting new people:)
Post a Comment