Friday, April 25, 2008

Change of plans!



What a crazy morning! The 2nd grade field trip was scheduled at a planetarium an hour from school. We all got to school early this morning and got in our cars to follow the buses. The first bus left the parking lot and circled back into the parking lot. We were all confused, but then learned that there was no electricity or running water at the planetarium!

Most of the mothers and fathers attending had to make special arrangements for kids and jobs, so it was a little frustrating, but the principal gave us permission to spend the morning at the park. We are going to try to go back to the planetarium on Monday. What a mess!

We did enjoy a nice morning at the park. I loved talking to Matthew's teacher, my friends, and watching my little man have fun with his friends. The second picture is Matthew's friend, Ashlyn. I met Ashlyn's mother at the beginning of Matthew's kindergarten year at the ball fields. We found out we had a lot in common and began carpooling together. The kids got to be great friends, and Amy is one of my closest friends. We still carpool even though we don't live in the same neighborhood anymore! You can check out her blog on the right under "Amy S."

Totally crazy, busy weekend ahead. Will talk about it later. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

amy said...

I love the picture of Matthew and Ashlyn! I am so thankful we are friends and carpool buddies!!! Looking forward to many more field trips together!!
I also like the new name for your blog!