Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A day of celebrations.

Last Saturday was meant for celebrating! First, Mary Beth, Thomas, and I headed to Frisco to celebrate my niece, Lydia's, first birthday. Matthew had games and practices, so Bryon and Matthew stayed home. My SIL decorated their house adorably with strawberries everywhere. We enjoyed a yummy lunch and lots of fun family time.


James and Mary Beth "helping."

Mary Beth trying to keep the sun off of Lydia.

Then, after a few hours, we headed home. Saturday night, I helped host a party for our dear friends, the Lamms. I made 5 desserts the night before for the event! Perry Lamm had suffered terribly from cancer last year (his second bout), and the night was meant to celebrate him being cancer free. Unfortunately, at the party, Perry told us the news that a 3 month check up the day before revealed more spots on his lungs. He is going to have to go through chemo again. This was a terrible process last year, and he lost 70 pounds from the grueling treatment. It put a damper on our celebration, but we love the Lamm family, and we all felt good just showing their family how much we love them. If you could keep that family in your prayers, I am sure they would appreciate it!

No comments: