We had such a great time! I got lots of dirty stares all over the place driving east on 1-10 in Lousiana. Apparently LSU fans aren't the biggest fans of the "Scarlet Letter"! Once we were in New Orleans, I was around my people again! Bama fans as far as the eye could see! Everywhere we went, we were greeted with "Roll Tide!" I love the Bama Nation! We feasted on beignets at Cafe' Dumonde, and had a great meal at Nola's, Emeril's restaurant.
As we were walking up to the Super Dome, it seemed there were 10 Bama fans to every 1 Utah fan. In fact, I sorta felt sorry for these fans.....until the game began. Good grief! We were not prepared for that stomping! It was a depressing game, but we refused to let it ruin the weekend. The Crimson Tide did so much better than expected this year. 12-2 is nothing to be ashamed of! The next morning when we went to breakfast, we were greeted still by loyal Bama fans giving us a warm "Roll Tide!" Looking forward to next year!

5 comments:
What a fun surprise from your husband.....loved hearing about it and seeing the pictures.
Always....Roll Tide.
How fun!!! I was shocked that my husband (a die-hard Tennessee fan) was rooting for them that night.....he is loyal to the SEC when it comes to bowl games. They did have a great season and it must have been so fun to be there! Your Christmas looked like tons of fun~ your kiddos are so adorable. Kelly S.
Glad you were there to cheer on the guys! And glad you and Bryon had fun without the kiddies too. Have a great week!
Sorry the game was not so great, but glad you had a great time.
We will get 'em next year... Roll Tide!
Post a Comment