I always love having my family over for New Years! It has become one of my favorite holiday traditions. New Year's is such a laid back, wonderful holiday! I always make the same, yummy black eyed pea meal, and we enjoy watching football and hanging out.
Since we left for New Orleans on New Year's Day, we had everyone over the night before. Mary Beth and I cooked all day, and we even squeezed in some time rocking out to ABBA (Mary Beth singing into the red spoon.). What can I say? That child is more like me every day! She loves to cook and wear an apron. When she needed to leave the kitchen, she begged me not to do any more cooking until she got back!
I didn't take pictures of the family as we were busy playing cards, but managed to get a few of my funny nephew, James. While the adults were busy, he decided to help himself to, well, the rest of the chocolate cake!

No comments:
Post a Comment