Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What song was number one the day of your birth?

For me it was "One Of These Nights" by the Eagles .
Bryon's was "Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night.
Matthew's was "Smooth" by Santana and Rob Thomas
Thomas's was "U Got It Bad" by Usher
Mary Beth's was "Slow Motion" by Juvenile

I think it is funny that I knew Matthew's song really well, I know only the artist, Usher, but not the song, and I have never heard of "Slow Motion" or Juvenile! I guess I listened to less and less popular music with each passing baby!

What about you?

By the way, the Macarena was the number one song the day I got married! Hah!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"American Pie"

Meredith

Mommy of Boys said...

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive was my birthday.

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith for my wedding.

Anonymous said...

"Go Away Little Girl" by Donny Osmond Ironically, that is what my older brother told my mom in the hospital. She pacified him with a donut. :-)
cp

amy said...

"Jive Talking" by the Bee Gees....I guess the #1 song changed a week later for my birthday!!

"I'll be Missing You" by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans for my wedding....I actually like that song!

elizabeth said...

Carol,
You crack me up!

Amy,
Yes, I guess my song was on the way out the week between our births!

lauren said...

"Call Me" by Blonde for me

"Bad Girls" by Donna Summer for Josh

"Bad Day" for James

Alyssa said...

My song was Philadelphia Freedom by the Elton John Band

Lauren- Baby Boy by Beyonce (a bit ironic!)

Camryn- Bad Day (she was born very close to James :)

My personal favorite- Independant Woman part 1 by Destiny's Child was my wedding :)

Jennifer C said...

OK, this was fun...
Mine is "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree"...How old am I? I thought that song was from WW2!
Steve's is "The Night the Lights Went Out in GA" by Vicki Lawrence...Who knew she had a #1 hit??
Jacob's was "Shake Ya Tailfeather"
Julia's was "SexyBack".
Funny! I'm going to go back and check my anniversary.
Question---we have similar reading interests. Are those books on your shelf books you've read, recommend, or ones you're planning to read soon?? I'm thinking of adding that shelf to my site!
Thanks!

elizabeth said...

Jennifer,
I have a little of both on the shelf, but most of them are ones that I have read and recommend!