Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday morning quarterback.

What a whirlwind weekend! After our game on Saturday, Bryon and the boys went camping with our neighbor and his two boys who are the same age as Matthew and Thomas. They had a great time fishing, canoeing, hiking, listening to ghost stories, and exploring caves. ME and I had a fun girls weekend, too! We are considering spending a few days camping during Spring Break. I am not much of a camper, but I think I can hang with a few days of R&R, beautiful scenery, and hiking. I just need to find a place with closed in, air conditioned luxury!

We enjoyed the Super Bowl with some of our friends and thanked the good Lord for the gorgeous weather! All of our kids had fun playing outside and we got the first glimpse of spring. I am sure the cold weather will come again, but I have enjoyed cooking out and wearing shorts for a change!

My poor kids looked like walking zoombies this morning after such and eventful weekend. I think next year, they should plan for the Super Bowl to be the Sunday before MLK day so everyone can rest afterward! We will all have an early night tonight, and all will be well for tomorrow.

I was happy for the Giants, but it stung just a little seeing how the Cowboys beat them twice this year! Oh well, there is always next year!

6 comments:

TMK said...

we LOVE Inks Lake. We go there ever Summer, but we have an RV, so all the luxuries come with us, like AC and a small kitchenette. I did stay in a cabin ONE time and that was the end of that. It's a great family place to spend some time.

SG said...

That was a few friends? Sheesh! Thanks for having us! None of our wounds seem to be fatal :>

elizabeth said...

Yes, stephanie, I think it says somewhere in the bible that wherever 15 or more children are gathered in His name, someone is going to get hurt! Glad everyone is OK!

Kelley said...

I didn't really care who won, I just knew I wanted Brady to lose. That's bad isn't it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with snapshot, I as much as I do not like the Giants(I'm a huge Cowboys fan!), I was so tired of hearing about Brady and what a great guy he is. Also, I think it is neat for the Manning family to have back to back Super Bowl MVP's.

Meredith

MDM said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with great weather! Yeah that Tom Brady did not get that perfect season. Oops. That was rude. He's not my fav.