Thank goodness it is Thursday afternoon! Although it has been a short week, it feels like it has drug on longer than it should. It is hard getting the wheels in motion again! I stayed home with Thomas today as he has been pretty congested. Of course I waited over an hour just to get into our doctor and she informed me that he was just a little congested. Why am I relieved and frustrated at the same time?
Here is what Thomas is up to these days:
*He is totally excited that the Seahawks won this week. We are amused at how passionate Thomas is about the things he loves. Whether it is Nascar, the Seahawks, or the color red, he can hardly contain his excitement when speaking about them!
*He has a knack for numbers and seems to grasp addition and subtraction really well. He also likes making things even. I gave him 4 pieces of pizza and gave ME two. He gave her one so they could both have three! Sometimes I will walk by his room and he is quietly counting to one hundred. Last week at church, I noticed him looking on the screen to see what number song we were singing. Then he would turn to the number in the book without help!
*He loves to read and is getting better every day. He runs out every morning to get the paper and finds the sports page to read. He loves stating the "rules" of reading and just this morning was telling me that Waco should really have an "e" at the end of it because the "e" makes the "a" say it's name and you say "a" in Waco!
*The above mentioned conversation is an example of how literal he is. He prefers if we don't say "a hundred" because it is acually "one hundred". He looks at me funny when I use figures of speech.
*He can't stand for anyone to be in trouble. The other day Bryon told Matthew that he would have to get a spanking. Thomas begged Bryon to give him the spanking instead because he hates to see his Buddy get in trouble! He is a much sweeter sibling than I ever thought to be! ;)
*He is big and strong! He weighs just under 50 pounds and is only 3 inches shorter than Matthew. He can easily tackle Matthew now during their daily football game. I imagine that much of this is due to his love of food. Lauren says that during lunch at school, the kids will talk and play at the table and Thomas is in his own little world enjoying every last bite of his lunch! He usually asks for seconds for every meal and prefers vegetables to sweets.
*He talks a great deal about going to kindergarten and "catching up with Buddy". Can't think about that now!
We love our "Sweet T"!
Hot and Hot
1 week ago

5 comments:
Got to love a boy that loves NASCAR and Shawn Alexander!! and RED!!
What a great kid.
What special children you have! I love how you really appreciate and love their individuality. What a blessing they are to us!
That is so funny about the Seattle Seahawks! I have enjoyed reading about each of your children. You are so blessed!
p.s. Hope it's o.k. if I add a link to your blog!?
Of course, Shelly!
Thanks Elizabeth. I love reading your blog! You now have a link from my blog to yours:)
Post a Comment