Sunday, December 03, 2006

In the Christmas spirit

It is finally beginning to look and feel like Christmas in our home! I finished decorating today and feel a sense of accomplishment and relief! Here are a few pictures of my living room. You can see our stockings lovingly made by my aunt. My stocking was the last one my grandmother made before she died. It is very special to me. You can also see my Snow Village that I have been adding to for 10 years. It is a labor of love to put together, but we all love it! Above the Snow Village, you can see the nativity scene that was given to me by my aunt when I got married. They are hand made by a nun. We had a great weekend that I will write about tomorrow. In the first picture, you can see what we did this afternoon. Watch the Cowboys beat the Giants! How 'bout them boys?

 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful!!!--I love your blog!!!--We are Christians too!!!--I just thought I would say hello--I found your blog a few weeks ago!! We are adopting a baby from Guatemala and really wanted to start our own up---before a few weeks ago I never knew blogs exsited!! They are too much fun!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Cowboys! We had Life Group tonight so we missed most of the game but turned it on just in time to see the winning Field Goal!!!!! Your house and your kids are both very beautiful

elizabeth said...

Crystal-
Thanks for stopping by! Comment any time.

Tracy-
I didn't put our Snow Village up last year because of the kid's ages. ME was a little too grabby last year! She knows now to put her hands behind her back when looking at the tree and S.V.!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great!! I'm so glad there are more of us out there. I'm collect the North Pole houses and a few of the Alpine Village houses. I do the snow, the trees, the whole display too. I love it!

Kristen OQ said...

Your house looks so nice -- Kevin said when he was there on Saturday that it was all decked out! Sorry I missed you on this quick visit! How was your Dallas shopping trip?

Mommy of Boys said...

Looks great, E!

elizabeth said...

K-
We had a fun, quick trip. I don't think I have been to Dallas other than en route to DFW since March. I did see Anne Powell at the Galleria. What a small world!

Anonymous said...

I was just about to post pics of my decos too! Love seeing other people's houses at the holidays...it just makes a house more beautiful, IMO. I also collect houses...Dicken's Village, The North Pole Collection, and Christmas in the City. My mom actually has over 100 Dickens...she's OOC.

PandaMom said...

Great house and totally adorable kids!! Very cherub looking with those big eyes and cute squishy cheeks!

Shelly said...

Your house is so festive and the picture of the kids is adorable!