I love freezing cold weather. It made me sad, though, to see Matthew brace against the sleet running to his carpool this morning. I just wish he could have stayed home with us. It got me thinking about getting the kids ready for Mother's Day Out. I just didn't want to get the kids out of the house this moring, so we decided to play hookey! We are all still in our pajamas after lunch and I made a concerted effort to focus on the kids and not do housework. This is very hard for me! Days like today are precious and VERY far between in our neck of the woods. I want to savor each one. This is the last year that I can play hookey with Thomas. Next year, he will be bracing the cold with Matthew!

8 comments:
Gorgeous flowers in the last post!! Are they all from your own garden? I was there in town over the Thanksgiving holiday and thought about tracking you down somehow, but time got away. Now tonight I was supposed to be at the Deck The Halls at the Convention Center and have been looking forward to it for MONTHS, but the stinkin' icy weather won't let us on the interstate....too risky to drive on. VERY sad and disappointed, but the fun part is that it is snowing where I am beautifully right now! Stay warm! You know Texas, we might need our swimsuits and sunscreen tomorrow! HA!
I stayed in my pj's until after lunch today--it was delightful!!!
Pajama days are THE BEST!
Definitely a day to stay inside all snuggly if you can!
Oh how I wish I were in my PJs now! Glad you enjoyed your quiet day with your precious little ones.
North. Suburb of Big D. ; )
We woke up to 21 degrees and I would have loved to stay in and play hookey (how do you spell hookey anyway? :) Your day sounded wonderful. Hope tomorrow is just as good if not better.
SO jealous that you got to play hookey!
Post a Comment