This has been an emotional day for me. It started yesterday when I heard the news that a dear member of our church had died. Paula was very active in the women's and children's ministry. She was in our life group several years ago. She had four children and a husband who only recently began coming to church regularly. Paula, in her 50's, had had a lung condition for many years but went downhill extremely quickly over the past several weeks. I actually sat right next to her at church a few weeks ago. Now she is with our Lord.
Secondly, I walked my little Matthew into school for the last time today. I looked around at all of the faces that I had grown accostomed to seeing on a daily basis. I walked the halls that I have walked so many times. It doesn't seem that long ago that I took my sweet precocious 3 1/2 year old to school for the first time. Now he is still sweet and very precocious, but he is getting ready for kindergarten!
I take for granted so often the time that I have here on Earth. How many times have I said, "I can't wait for Matthew to get a little older so he can...." Now I look at pictures of him as a three year old and with I could see him like that for just a while. How many times did I pass Paula in church, taking for granted all that she did to contribute to my beloved church? Please God, help me to live for each moment and not take for granted the people you have placed in my life.
Hot and Hot
1 week ago

1 comment:
Thanks, I need this reminder daily. I get so caught up in things that I forget to cherish those that are special to me!
Post a Comment