Matthew's school has an auction every year. This year, the class who raised the most money in the auction won "A Day Away." Matthew's class won and yesterday, I accompanied Matthew on an incredible adventure.
My mother-in-law graciously offered to come watch Thomas and Mary Beth so I could spend some one on one time with Matthew. This morning we packed our car and headed to a ranch about 45 minutes from our home. We had a fun drive to the ranch. I told Matthew stories about things he used to do. Matthew loves hearing stories of the things he did when he was "a little kid" and boy let me tell you that I could write a book!
"Matthew, remember the time that you spilled a gallon of paint on our week old carpet?" (roaring laughter)
"What about when you backed my car out of the driveway when you were two" (roaring laughter)
The day started out swimming and exporing on Childress Creek. There were giant oak trees and running water. So beautiful! Matthew collected tadpoles and minnows in a cup and brough them home.
Then we roasted hotdogs and ate at the creek bed. After lunch the kids had a hayride to the ranch house where they swam and ate homemade ice cream. Watching just Matthew was so much fun and very relaxing for me.
Right before we left, the owner of the ranch asked me if I knew of anyone who was looking for a kitten. We had been toying with the idea of getting a cat to help with snake control. I killed 2 in my garden this week alone. I said "We do!" so Matthew and I picked out a little kitty cat and drove home.
We spent the rest of the day playing with Dinah, the cat. This was Alice in Wonderland's cat's name and Matthew insisted on it. So far she is very sweet, and didn't keep us up at all last night (a big plus for her!). We are crossing our fingers that we can keep her. Bryon and my sister are very allergic to cats but we are hoping that if she is kept outside, that all will be well. The kids are already attached to her!
Hot and Hot
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment