Matthew:
Matthew has been reading more than ever. Since his books are getting bigger, there are lots of big words that he is coming into contact with. He loves asking me what words mean, which is an interesting task. Try explaining "empathize vs. sympathize", "irony", "manipulative" on the spot! Once he figures out the meanings, he tries using these words in his conversational speech. He sounds so grown up! Matthew is also getting more and more into soccer and is pretty sure that this is the sport he wants to stick with. Could this mean the end to our crazy baseball schedule? Stay tuned...
Thomas:
Thomas is just my little love. He plays with the big boys and loves all things sports, etc., but deep down, he is just a mama's boy. We also found out yesterday that he is in the above 95% for height and weight. That is a BIG mama's boy! Last night, he got in bed with us at 3am claiming that he had a nightmare. Nothing really ever phases this kid, so I was curious this morning what got him so spooked. When I asked him about his nightmare, he froze, got huge tears in his eyes, and could hardly utter a word because he was so upset. He said that he dreamed that I decided that I no longer needed my legs and that Bryon could shoot them off if he wanted to. Which he did. Of course, this was a hilarious dream to me, but it completely melted my heart that he could almost not talk about it the next day! Love my Sweet T!
Mary Beth:
Ever since the day I found out I was having a little girl, I knew that I would have to fight off the Princess Syndrome as hard as possible. Being that she is the only girl and the baby of the family, I knew the cards were stacked against me. There is nothing in my house that says "princess" or "spoiled rotten", etc. for that reason. Unfortunately, this stance has not sunk in with her Daddy and big brothers. The other day, Mary Beth asked me for something, and I said "No". She asked me again, and I said, "No". Then she said, "Mommy, I know that any time I want something, all I have to do is ask for it over and over, and someone usually gets tired of it and gives it to me!" This makes me think she is very smart for figuring this out, and not so smart for fessing up! Let's just say, I had a long talk with Daddy and big brothers after this! ;)

2 comments:
I know Thomas' dream wasn't supposed to be funny, but it really made me laugh out loud...#1 that you as a mom would EVER decide that you don't need your legs. #2 that you told Bryon that he could shoot your legs off since you decided that. #3 that he did it! Poor Thomas (and poor you in the dream!)
I just love the Mary Beth story (along with the crazy dream story).
Post a Comment