Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa wish lists

I have a lot to post about the last few days, and I will try to post those later in the day.

Here are the kids' wish lists:
On Friday, I went up to Thomas's class to take ornament pictures.  While there, I snuck into his desk and read his journal from his birthday.  Here is what the entry said:

Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy this year.  Will you please bring my sister a new Barbie?  Will you bring my brother a new DS game?
Love,
Thomas
P.S. Tell Mrs. Claus I said hi!

That's it!  It choked me up that he would only think of his siblings and not himself.  Later that night, I told Matthew and Mary Beth what I found in Thomas's journal.  This prompted Matthew to write his own letter.  He is never one to be outdone, even in the self sacrificing department!

Dear Santa,
I don't want much for Christmas this year. (Really?  Read on....)  If you have been watching me lately, you should know that I love Ridell Mini Helmets.  I want the PAC- 10, Big 10, and the ACC conference mini helmets.  I also want books for Christmas.  I like series books, and mystery books.  I would appreciate it if you got me A to Z mystery boks, Artemis Fowl books, and Junie B. Jones books.  I want a camera, too.  Not the kind mom has, but the ones like Uncle Michael's.  The little ones like this:  (visual aide)

But Santa remember this, Christmas isn't all about you or the presents.  It's about Jesus Christ.  If he hadn't of died on the cross, we would all be on the naughty list.

Love, Matthew

P.S. I also want 3 Nintendo DS games.
P.S.S.  I want Thomas's and Mary Beth's presents to be far far beyond mine.  And I mean far far far beyond mine.  I'm talking better than Shaun Alexander coming to our house and giving him an authentic full game worn jersey with his signature in a frame.

Love,
Matthew

I love stepping into the mind of Matthew!  It is always an interesting journey!

Oh, and Mary Beth...All she wants is a Barbie Jeep.

4 comments:

Page said...

Oh, that is the funniest thing ever! I have to say, growing up I was much more like Matthew than Thomas! I understand wanting to give to others but a quick reminder of what you'd like as well is never a bad thing! LOL! Too cute.

elizabeth said...

Page, I was much more like Matthew as well! We aren't sure where Thomas came from, but we will keep him! ;)

Amy said...

Thomas is just precious and Matthew is hilarious. I was also much more like Matthew growing up, as I think most kids are...what think about my brother?!? NO WAY! So cute...I love reading about your kiddos!!

SG said...

Love that Thomas!
FYI Thomas told me he wanted The Boxcar Children Books, all of them. :) I looked for them for his birthday but couldn't find them. I assume he told you this too.