I had her in my lap curling her hair for church on Sunday and while my eyes were focused on not burning her neck, she got a handful of gel and stuck in on the front of her hair. Think Something About Mary. Not my favorite moment after washing, drying, and curling her hair. Last week, I caught Thomas playing barbershop with her by putting green toothpaste in her hair.
Tonight, after a long day of driving to the metroplex for ME's appointment, I raced back home to get the boys and get Matthew ready for basketball. That's when I heard, "Oh no. I messed up my hair!" Yes, little darling somehow got oatmeal all in her hair! This is two minutes before heading to basketball. I stuck a hat on her and off we went. BTW-The scowl on her face is because she is sad that her hair is messed up!
And no, she isn't president of the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer fan club. She skinned her nose during a fall at church last night!
The appointment was interesting. It turns out that the pediatric urologist thinks her reflux is worse than I was originally told. We go back in two weeks for a VCEG--a rather unpleasant test that involves catheterizing her, pumping her full of liquid, holding the liquid in her bladder, and then peeing it out. As an 18 month old, she refused to do this last part and made me put her on the potty! Then, we will discuss options which the specialist thinks will more than likely be surgery. I feel confident in the doctor and know that he will point us in the right direction. I am just thankful that her problem is fixable. We are so blessed.


5 comments:
The pee on the table test! I think you are very wise to listen to the specialist and yes Halelujah!It can be "fixed" and she probably won't ever have to think about it again.
Oh, no fun at all. I had to have several of these between the ages of 8-10..... as unpleasant as they were, the mystery was finally solved, I had outpatient kidney surgery, and have been free of kidney problems since! The yucky appts were worth it to be free of that pain..... the memories I have of the back pain are MUCH worse than my memories of uncomfortable doctor appts. So hopefully she can get this taken care of soon, especially before she's old enough to remember it. I'll be praying for her... and for you. I know it wasn't fun for my mom to see her little girl endure these kinds of tests.
Great picture! Poor ME with the tee tee test. I had alot of kidney and bladder infections when I was little and I had to those awful tests several times. It's no fun. I hope everything goes well!
That picture is so funny! My husband was passing by as I was reading and started laughing too. She is so adorable. BTW, when you come to T-town, we should meet up at Mommy of Boys office on campus for a little hello! I would love to meet your little monkeys in person. Hopefully ME's kidney woes will be solved and she won't have to go through anymore yucky dr. appointments.
Post a Comment