Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What's going on

Lots going on!

Last weekend was a lot of fun. Friday, Dad drove to Dallas to teach an EMBA class. He took Thomas with him and handed him off to my brother to spend the night. This has been a treat for Matthew in the past, but Thomas had never been by himself. They had a blast watching a Christmas movie and painting ornaments.

While this was going on, Mom had Matthew over for one of Matthew's favorite traditions. Every year since he was 2, they have made fudge together. Friday was "fudge night". Bryon had to work late so Lauren and Josh went out while I watched James. Then, they brought us take out from Carino's.

On Saturday, my mom, sister, and I drove to Dallas to pick up Thomas and have a quick shopping trip. I hadn't been shopping there since March so this was a fun treat! While at the Galleria, I ran into a friend from high school who lives in Waco. I don't know how this always happens, but I seem to run into people I know there a lot. How does that happen with so many million people living there?! It was fun hanging out with my brother and SIL as well. They are so good to my kids!

This week has been business as usual but gearing up for a big weekend. Thomas and my dad share a birthday which happens to be Sunday. T's friend party is on Saturday. Then we will have a big lunch at my house for the family who will be in town. Sunday, we are having a big turkey dinner in celebration of the two birthday boys! We always celebrate Thankgiving scattered over the South, so it will be nice to eat the meal together. Sunday night, I am having friends over for cookies and girl time.

So much to do but looking forward to all of it. I love coming up with a menu and making a shopping list. Now if only I didn't have to clean my house!

1 comment:

Kristen OQ said...

You sound as busy as we are these days -- but I do love it! The Christmas season is always like that for our family, no matter how much I try to make it relaxing.

I hope Thomas (and your Dad too) have a wonderful birthday weekend. Give them birthday hugs from us!