I went to Matthew's school today to take pictures for P.T.A. Matthew's teacher gave me his journal entry from yesterday to read. Every Christmas Eve, our family watches A Christmas Carol. This was Matthew's memory of the story. It reminds me of the Cliff Notes version! Spelling and grammar are all his...
Once a pon a time, on Christmas Eve. There lived old Ebenezer Scrooge. He was at the office counting his money. And Bob Gratchit went by. "Mary Christmas" he said, Bah humbug. Then Ebenezer left, he went to bed, and he was awakend by a noise and his old pal Jacob Marly. He draged chains. AHHH! screamed Scrooge. Thease chains are made from all the bad deeds he had done when he was alive. Marly told Scrooge 3 ghosts would come. The 1st one took him to his Elementry. One little boy was in it, could it be me...Scrooge said. Yes, thats why I am called the ghost of Christmas past. And the 2nd spirit came. It took Scrooge to Bob Gratchit's house, they were very merry. Gratchits youngest son Tiny Tim had to youse (use) a chruch, but he shouted, "God bless us all." And then well they wernt very merry. Tiny Tim's chair was empty. Please let Tiny Tim be OK. And he was back in bed.
A 3rd Ghost came. It took him to where the Bankers were talking a bout someone dead. Who will take his money. I am going to the funerel. And they were at a grave yard. There stood Scroogees grave. Scrooge cried. And when he woke up, he was Alive. I am alive. He tossed a coin to a man and said buy a feast for the Gratchits. Merry Christmas.
The End
Hot and Hot
1 week ago

5 comments:
That is so sweet. I love the way children see things. Matthew's memory of "A Christmas Carol" is very accurate. He's such a smart kid! Mary Christmas to Matthew!
That's great!
Super job! Yes, Mary Christmas to all!
Hey there! I just wanted to say thank you for the advice for raising a strong willed child! It is so helpful to get info from someone who actually understands and has "been there, done that". By the way, your children are beautiful! I'm pretty sure we've met before...I think you may have attended "Pike Church" once while visiting Lauren at HU...I remember you had one of your babies with you and Lauren was SO happy to have you in town! Anyways - thanks again and have a Merry Christmas
This is just so precious. I love hearing stories from children. Isn't it great? And it's even better WRITTEN in their handwriting. Thank you so much for sharing this. It brought a smile to my heart. I'll have to come back and read it again sometime.
Post a Comment