We had our usual fun trip to Conroe for Thanksgiving this year. We had enjoyed hanging out with Bryon's family, and it is always nice that my in laws invite my parents to come along. The day after Thanksgiving, it is a tradition that my parents and I go to Old Town Spring for some fun holiday shopping. This year, we were so excited that my dear friend from Tuscaloosa, Karen, joined us! Her sister lives nearby, and Karen and her boys were spending Thanksgiving with her family. We enjoyed a yummy lunch, good conversation, and lots of holiday shopping together! What a fun day!
We spent the weekend getting our house decorated, and only have one project left to do. I love having the house decorated! We had a wonderful weekend together, then it was off to school and work yesterday. I was sad saying goodbye to the family, but so excited about my day yesterday! I met Emily and Jere' when I was a teenager. Jere' and I played piano and sang in choir together in middle school, and we met Emily after she moved to Abilene at the beginning of high school. I absolutely adored these two, and I was devastated to leave them when we moved to Waco my junior year. Sadly, before the wonders of the internet, I lost touch with my two friends. I did find them 5 or 6 years ago, and have enjoyed spending time with the two of them on several occasions in Amarillo, Denver, and Ft. Worth. However, yesterday was the first day since I was 17 that I was with the two of them together. We had a wonderful day, and spent lots of time laughing and picking up where we left off. I hope we can get together more often! Love these two! I was so happy that my friend, Kristen, happened to be passing by to take our picture. Thanks, Kristen!


2 comments:
Hello Elizabeth, No you don't know me but I have read your blog since I came across it, oh, about 5 years ago, I think. I have commented from time to time. Well your family's strong foundation on Christ has always been evident and encouraging to me. Just now catching up on the robbery that Matthew helped stop, my heart is in my throat and one image came to mind. And I shared this with you once before. I had just started reading your blog and was at Cotton Patch one evening with my family and was walking back to the ladies room when at the adjoining men's room door Matthew (age 5 or 6) was protectively holding his brother Thomas my the shoulder with one hand and the door open with the other letting a couple of men leave the restroom before he entered. I recognized him at once but of course didn't say anthing so as not to concern two young little boys. But all at once it was clear what a protective, considerate, and composed young boy he was...and that was at 5! The Lord is so truly working in Him and He is completely yielded to the Holy Spirit. Blessings to you and your sweet family!
Love the houndstooth scarf! I have one too!!
Post a Comment