Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Does anyone besides me hear the Hallelujah Chorus in surround sound?


1 year and 34,485 stitches later, I have completed Mary Beth's needlepoint name! I hope she cherishes it always and has it at the top of her list of what to run out of a burning building with.

There were many times during this year that I wished I had named my daughter, Jo.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought her name was MARY ELIZABETH!!!!!! You cheated
Aunt B

elizabeth said...

Ha! I just wanted to give it to her before her 16th birthday party! ;)

Erica said...

That is beautiful!! Wish I had your talent. I am sure she will treasure it forever;-)

Katy said...

It's beautiful, Elizabeth!!! I didn't know you did needlework! Me too! :) We need to sit around like little old ladies and sew. I just finished Clark's stocking and was thrilled to hang it on the mantle today!

Kathryn said...

This is beautiful! She will definitely cherish it!

Karen said...

Where did you get the template? It is so pretty!

elizabeth said...

Karen, mom had xeroxed off the letters used to make my name, Lauren's, and my two cousins' names. She was able to copy those by looking at the xeroxed letters. The letters that weren't covered, she free handed. Love my mama!

angie said...

that is so amazing! Nice work!

elizabeth said...

Yes, Katy, I love doing lots of old lady stuff....working in the garden, knitting, sewing, and driving slowly in Dallas traffic.

Lauren said...

The needlepoint is beautiful, Elizabeth! I am very impressed :) I'm sure Mary Beth will treasure it for many years to come. Hope the Barnhills have a wonderful Christmas!

Page said...

oh, that's so funny you mentioned grabbing it in a fire...back during my freshman year of college (10 years ago!) I started on a cross stitch for my hubby (we were just dating at the time) and I realized I completely got in over my head with it...it's five ships and the work in each one takes YEARS!! I still haven't finished it, but I told Rob that if it ever is finished that better be the first thing he grabs in a fire! LOL!