Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk or Treat 2008

Just noticed that I am wearing the same outfit in the last post.  Talk about your fashion faux pas!


Every year, the kids wait in eager anticipation for Trunk or Treat at church. We had a great time last night and enjoyed gorgeous weather.   The boys were self proclaimed "Pro Bros".  Matthew is quite the cool dude, and believed I was asking too much of him last year when I wanted to play the part of The Tinman in our Wizard of Oz ensemble.  I promised him last year that he could be WHATEVER he wanted next year if he played along with The Tinman.  He originally wanted to do something with fangs, blood, and wounds on his face, but when he stepped into the store to buy Thomas a Romo outfit, he decided to be LT.  Ladanian Tomlinson is from Waco, and Matthew feels a special connection to him because of that!  I was happy to keep the blood and guts at bay at least one more year!

After Thomas put on his jersey, he said, "I need to pretend that I have a broken finger!"  I called my mother and asked her to bring home bandages from work.  I asked her to wrap up his pinkie on his throwing hand.  Mom, my darling leftie, put it on his left hand.  Oh, Roberta, so much to learn!

Mary Beth wanted to be Tinkerbell, but she saw this "rainbow fairy" costume at Children's Place and fell in love with it.  All night, she kept saying, "I look beautiful and the boys DO NOT!!"

We can't wait to dress up again tomorrow night!













5 comments:

Mommy of Boys said...

It looks like you all had a blast. Still a little chilly here in T-town. The kids all look so cute!

Mommy of Boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Love their costumes.

SG said...

I love Trunk or Treat! :)

Erica said...

Looks like you were all having a blast Trunk or Treating! Your children look adorable in their costumes. I especially love ME's hair. I do not think either of my girls would be still long enough for me to do that:-) So fun!