I asked Matthew the other day if he was sad or excited about starting school. He said, "I am sad and excited. I am exsadded!"
I am ready for school to start, but I will look back with wonderful memories of this summer. The kids and I were talking about our favorite things of this summer. Here is what we came up with:
1. Going to Mt. Rushmore.
2. Going to Rhode Island.
3. Traveling over 8,000 miles through 25 states.
4. Baylor baseball camp (Matthew).
5. Baylor basketball camp (Thomas).
6. Sports camp
7. Music camp
8. Matthew getting to play piano in Houston.
9. Going to Galveston.
10. Going to San Antonio.
11. Watching Michael Phelps break the Olympic record.
12. Fourth of July parade.
13. Hanging out with neighborhood friends and starting a neighborhood friends' club.
14. Reading great books. I am reading the final few pages of the Twilight series today. 2,000 plus pages in a little over a month!
15. Thomas playing coach pitch for the first time.
Yes, it was a memorable, wonderful summer!
Hot and Hot
1 week ago

5 comments:
I am exsadded too! Great word! I am confident that Thomas and Ally will have a great year but I will sure miss her. It seems that during the school year and with all the activities beginning again, that I never see her...Is it the same for you?
Thomas was so excited to have Ally with him. He said, "Allison was the sweetest girl in kindergarten last year." I am so happy to have Ms. L again!
I do feel like once school starts, I miss that time with the boys. I feel like I get from 3:30-5:30 with them, since we have church or practices after that, and then it is time for bed!
I love the school year, though, and am excited about the year. I am glad the kids are together again!
Hello?!? What about eating at Dreamland in Tuscaloosa? ;)
Yes, a HUGE part of the summer fun! We had to include that under the umbrella of Rhode Island trip! Also under that umbrella was Matthew getting caught in a rip tide!
Can't wait until Saturday!
I was wondering the same thing, Tesney! ;)Looking forward to October!
Post a Comment