Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our weekend

 
After finishing up our crazy, fun, exhausting, stressful, jam packed week, this picture sums up how we were feeling!





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa



We had a great time in Arkansas. When we woke the kids up at the hotel, Thomas said, "I can't believe my whole body is in Arkansas!" I love the things this kid gets excited about!

Saturday morning we had our picture taken. I think there is at least on in the over 300 that he took that might be OK. I am anxious to see them!

Then we headed to Hot Springs for a little get away. Bryon and I went there the May after we were married and had a great time taking in nature and going on hikes. We thought that was right up our kids' alley. We also remembered a cool Putt Putt place and were very excited to see that it was still open!

After we got to our hotel, we put on ESPN to check our football games. Of course, I was so bummed to see that Alabama lost, but was quickly cheered up to see Illinois beat number one Ohio! I spent most of the first five years of my life in Champain/Urbana while my Dad was getting his Ph.D. What a great victory!

Anyway, we woke up this morning and took the kids on a hike up a small mountain (hill?) in the Ozarks. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed every minute of the hike with the fall foliage around its peak. We also took a ride up to the observation tower at the top to get a better view. I think as long as I have small children, I don't ever want to be that high off the ground again!

We finished the trip going to play Putt Putt. The highlight of that adventure was when Mary Beth putted a hole in one all by herself! Bryon and I were jumping up and down and I think she thought we were crazy! Below is a picture of her by the green and then walking on the green to get her ball.

It was good to get away for a while, but it is always wonderful being home again!
Posted by Picasa

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

lauren said...

Makes me miss Arkansas!

Mommy of Boys said...

I love that first picture! I wish I had thought to take one of my exhausted guys in the car...all three of them!

courtney said...

The picture of them asleep in the car is just priceless! Glad y'all had a fun and safe trip!

Deana Nall said...

You were just down the road from me!

We love Hot Springs -- we've taken pictures in a lot of those same places.

Kristen OQ said...

You made me homesick too and I was just there.

Can't wait to see the Johnny Miller proofs -- I am rarely disappointed!

Glad you had a fun, safe trip.

Melissa said...

hey, love the pictures, do you have an email address... i have some pictures from a while ago I would love to send you :)

Kelley said...

Love that first picture!!!

Anonymous said...

What fun!

Alyssa said...

I have never been to Arkansas for a trip-just drive through there. it is beautiful! I am so glad that you had a fun trip!

Lisa Renee said...

BEAUTIFUL Pictures! Did you stay at The Arlington Hotel? I went to Hot Springs a lot with my parents as a child. Such a fun pretty little town!